Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why aren't we good at waiting?

I believe (one of)my worst trait(s) is waiting. I become obsessed. I mean literally obsessed with filling my waiting time with the ridiculous. Yesterday I got rid of my bedroom furniture, I've painted our entry way a very neon green, I've got my dh expanding the back yard fence (expanding our borders), We washed the dog yesterday, I've eaten two 2-pound bags of peanut M&Ms, I tried to book a vacation to Disneyworld, I've Ebayed like a freak, I've been reading Twilight, very unlike me to even read a novel, I've watched funny dog videos on YouTube, I rearranged my husband's closet, I've checked my email every 30 minutes since February 19 (except when I sleep, thank goodness I can sleep soundly)I've bought seeds for planting, I've cleaned out the flower beds, I've watched TV, Hgtv, sponge bob, and more Bachelor and American Idol than I thought was humanly possible and FINALLY WE HAVE A TIDBIT OF AN UPDATE ABOUT WHY I AM GOING CRAZY............

Our waiting daughter likes sandwiches, reading historical books, making the coffee ceremony, she is healthy and social, and has a wonderful and attractive face, and a good approach for everyone at the home, she helps the cooks in the kitchen, and she is helping the younger children learn some English. She is 10 years and one month old and weighs 70 pounds and is 54 inches tall.

Those few insights are enough to keep us waiting as long as it takes. My prayers have been answered. Even though my hands, mouth, etc are very busy, my heart is at peace.

3 comments:

Mick said...

Oh, wow - I didn't know she was 10! Awesome... now calm down... good lord... I got tired just reading your blog... ha ha ha.

Mick said...

2 Lbs of M&M's.... bwhahahahaha... you crack me up - well... you need the calories to burn, at the rate you are going . When will you bring her home?

Mick said...

2 Lbs of M&M's.... bwhahahahaha... you crack me up - well... you need the calories to burn, at the rate you are going . When will you bring her home?