Friday, October 29, 2010

We are going to China!!!

We leave on an early morning flight on November 3rd! Memphis to Chicago to Beijing. There the girls and I will tour for two days, see the Great Wall and Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. We will then fly to Zhengzhou Henan Province on November 7th and meet Andrew on the morning of the 8th. It has been almost a year that we have waited to meet him and it almost seems surreal, even though we have done this several times, the excitement of meeting your child for the first time never wanes. It is exciting. So exciting in fact that I'll have to remind myself to breathe!

And even with the happiness that we will feel meeting him, his heart will feel sorrow and fear. We have seen these emotions before, so we know what to expect. It hurts. It hurts the child so deeply, only God can cover this pain and heal our son. So while it is an exciting time, it is a painful time and a time for our family once again to push, grow, become different. Different and better. We welcome him, he will be grafted into our family tree, he will be Chinese American. He will become a citizen of the United States on November 19th the minute he lands in Chicago. Praise God for His mysterious ways, His ways are perfect, I am so very blessed to be along for the ride. rm

2 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I can feel your excitement, Tammy! This is such an exciting time! I can't wait to follow your journey and you know I'm praying!

Hugs,
Tammy

Amy Cantilina said...

So excited for you! Which city is he from? Our Lilly was from Anyan, Henan. May your travel go smoothly and may he quickly transition into your family!

Blessings,
Amy