Friday, September 2, 2011

Here's something you can do too!!!






OK, background here. I have painted many, many rooms in the history of our family life. Let's just count them at 40+. But my greatest fear has always been tackling the kitchen cabinets. Our house is over 20 years old and the old kitchen was something like an "Honey Oak Cave".........sounds cute, but it was not! So with the help of Valspar primer and Valspar paint and some sanding, though not much, I single handedly redid my own cupboards. Took the greater part of a week, a cordless drill, some saw horses,  but totally less than one gallon of primer and one gallon of paint. The paint color I chose is a color called "Filoli Gold". It has the slightest tinge of yellow which went very well with all the other bright colors going on in our house. Hope you like the after as much as I do!







2 comments:

yvette said...

Oh my goodness that is AWESOME!!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Love your new kitchen, Tammy! Gorgeous! It looks so bright and crisp and welcoming! Great job! Love the shutters on each side of the door alot!

Tammy