Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ever had a question from your child that you could not answer??????

Our six year old has begun to ask questions that I can't answer, some are funny, "why did God make our bottoms stink?", etc.....

This morning the child asked me........

"What if my mother from China calls on the phone and I can't understand what she is saying"

Heart-wrenching, impacting, sadness, hope, cultural identity, I won't take this personally, oh yes I might, I hope she calls, I wish she would call, I want to go find her, DNA, absolutely yes, I'm on my knees for her, please call, OUR DAUGHTER WANTS TO TALK TO YOU....

The reality of our adoption is I MISS HER MOTHER TOO, AND HER FATHER, AND MY OTHER CHILD'S MOTHER AND FATHER, AND MY OTHER CHILD'S MOTHER AND FATHER, I MISS THEIR HOMELANDS, I MISS THEIR CULTURE, THERE IS A HOLE IN MY HEART TOO!

Although the hole in my heart will never be as big as the hole in theirs......

I have a bunch of the most courageous people on the planet living right in my house.

Thank you Father!

I am shaken

No comments: