Friday, November 5, 2010

Oh how I have missed this land of beautiful people, Beijing Day 1

Today we went to Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, but the most fun part of the day was when we were invited to have lunch with a family in a local neighborhood. The area was an older part of Beijing. We had lunch in a little dining room in a 150 year old home. The mother of the family prepared dumplings, rice, peanuts, dates, pickled greens, long garlic leaves with beef, the best chicken I have ever eaten. Both girls immensely enjoyed themselves eating with chopsticks and drinking jasmine tea.

I was thrilled to have a guide who allowed me to ask question after question about daily life in C h in a, and I really enjoyed being there, the smells, sounds and loveliness of today will never be forgotten. We talked for about an hour after lunch.....I pray that Ch i n a and her people do not have to lose what they love the most....their traditions. Today has opened my eyes to such wonders I had not known.

I really wish blogger would upload pictures quickly, but the connection is so slow....guess these words will have to suffice for today. Today was in the top 20 days of my life.  

keep praying, we are all healthy and having the time of our lives, excited to soon meet a special boy.......

3 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh what a wonderful opportunity, Tammy! That's something that will forever be sketched in your mind!

Hugs and Blessings,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH Tamville I have been praying for you soooo much the past four days!! Pictures!! I need pictures!! Sooooooooooo thrilled you are having a great time!!

Love you!!

Sophie :)

Anonymous said...

How lovely! Encounters with real people make for beautiful memories...

Tammy N