Friday, January 8, 2010

Trust we are in His hands!


We have 9 degrees Fahrenheit this morning. I spent about an hour boiling water to pour in the bird baths. We have so many "animal responsibilities" every morning, it is like we live on a farm. We have three stray cats, one of which is still stray, yet he weighs about 24 pounds. I think other people believe he is their stray too. He has a simple bed in the garage, with blankets, warm water and two types of food. And we even have the heat vent open in the garage to keep this big stray cat warm. He is definitely taken care of!

We have about 20 varieties of birds we feed. This morning we chopped figs, shredded bread, raisins, and Cheerios and spread them everywhere.

And of course we have many of our own cats and our dog Mattie. It is a good thing I have five kids to help with the responsibility of our little "farm".

Here is the point. Not a single one of these creatures worried a minute about how they were going to be taken care of. As much joy as I get from satisfying them, I can't imagine how much joy God gets from satisying my needs.

When I trust God, it gives Him joy.

Your father knows what you need before you ask him. So do not worry, saying 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today's trouble is enough for today. (Matthew 6:8b, 31-34)



Love you Lord,
RM

1 comment:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

So very true! I love the pic of your family's hands! So sweet!

It's COLD over here too!

Tammy